- Account Creation
- User Panel
- Looker Studio Setup
- How to Uninstall the app
- Beta HubSpot APIS
- Opt-In Tables
- Data Sync
- Data Security
The Bayard Bradford HubSpot + Looker Studio (Formerly Google Data Studio) Integration helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently without the hassle of excel spreadsheets. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases that are used to connect to Looker Studio. If you are using Looker and not Looker Studio please use this guide instead Looker Connector Manual.
1. Create an account at https://datawarehouse.io/account/
2. To connect to your app of choice visit the following link and select the app you wish you use. (https://datawarehouse.io/products/).
3. Click the get started link on the app product page.
4. You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the Authorize button.
5. Login to HubSpot if you are not already logged in and select the HubSpot account you wish to connect too.
6. Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the Connect App button.
7. You are then re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon Activation one Azure SQL DB will be created with the user's data. An email will then be sent to you with your server information.
You can visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/my-app-information-item/ to perform the following self service administrative actions for your connector database.
- Re-send your credentials to the email address associated with your order.
- Reset the password of your connector database
- Update your Order information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Change your Database information
- Database Name
- Database Username
Looker Studio Setup
When you open a new or existing Looker Studio document or explorer and want to use the HubSpot Connector, please select the "Add Data" button at the top of the application. We recommend first using the Data Explorer function to load and join the various tables so that it is easier to use in your reports.
Once the Add window appear, please select Microsoft SQL Server.
Once you do that you must enter your Server name into the Host Name field, the port, your database name and your username and password. Then select authenticate and all of your data tables will appear to use. Your Server name should be entered into the Host Name field without a http:// prefix. You must enter the Server information exactly as it written in our delivery email. Some email providers automatically hyperlink the Server address. Do not copy the hyperlink. Simply copy paste your Server and enter it in the Host Name field shown below.
You will have to repeat the above steps to add each table. This is a limitation in Looker Studio. If you use the explorer function you can add all the tables and join them before creating your reports. We recommend you do that if possible.
Please use this ERD to learn how to best connect the various data tables together.
You can learn how to do joins and blends in Looker Studio here. https://support.google.com/looker-studio/answer/9061420?hl=en
Allow at least 24-48 hours from activation for the initial database to be built. Once it is built it will refresh at the rate determined by your plan.
*In the CampaignEmail table please use the Properties with the following format for report building "Counters_Sent" Do not use the properties with the following format "Counters.Sent". The data is exactly the same but Looker Studio has errors with the "." so we had to close that property to a new one that removed the ".".
*The above issue has been resolved for users that signed up for a new subscription after 01/01/2023
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the Looker Studio Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot Apis
This app utilizes the following beta APIs
ContactWebEvents data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts is powered by the beta API listed below. https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics
Feedback Submissions data table that contains Feedback Submission data is powered by the beta API listed below.
ChatflowThread and ChatflowMessage data tables contain Chatflows data and is powered by the beta API listed below.
More information about beta APIs can be found in this supporting documentation.
The following tables are opt-in as they are advanced and are large data sets and can take up a significant amount of storage and API Calls. Submit a support request with your database name or email email@example.com to ask for these to be enabled. There is no additional cost to enable these tables.
Data syncing will be done at intervals determined by your plan.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Power BI, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant.
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.