- Account Creation
- User Panel
- Connect to Excel
- Opt-In Tables
- How to Uninstall the app
- Beta HubSpot APIS
- Mac Users
- Data Sync
- Data Security
The Datawarehouse.io HubSpot + Excel Integration helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases, as well as Schema Replication.
1. Create an account at https://datawarehouse.io/account/
2. To connect to your app of choice visit the following link and select the app you wish you use. (https://datawarehouse.io/products/).
3. Click the get started link on the app product page.
4. You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the Authorize button.
5. Login to HubSpot if you are not already logged in and select the HubSpot account you wish to connect too.
6. Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the Connect App button.
7. You are then re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon Activation one Azure SQL DB will be created with the user's Sales and Marketing HubSpot data. An email will then be sent to you with your server information.
You can visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/my-app-information-item/ to perform the following self service administrative actions for your connector database.
- Re-send your credentials to the email address associated with your order.
- Reset the password of your connector database
- Update your Order information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Change your Database information
- Database Name
- Database Username
How to connect to your connector database in Excel
When you open a new or existing Excel document and want to use the HubSpot Connector, please select the "Data" tab at the top of the screen, and then select the Get Data button. Select "From Database" and "From SQL Server Database"
You will then Enter the Server information and database provided to you via your activation email and click "OK." The "Database (optional)" field below is not actually optional so please enter the database name provided to you by our app.
Once you input your server and database and click "Ok", you will be prompted to enter your username and password. You MUST select the database option on the left before entering your username and password. Then select your database as the level to apply those settings too. It is critical you select the "Select which level to apply these settings too" and select your database and not just the server. It should look like the format below.
After following the instructions above, you will now be able to pull any data tables currently hosted inside your SQL server.
Select the Checkboxes for the tables you want to create reports on and click Load. It may take a moment depending on the size of your database and the tables you select. Then all of your tables will we able to be loaded into excel.
In the Queries and Connections tab. You can scroll over a table. Click the three dots, and load it to a workbook or tab. You can also merge and append the tables together.
Whenever you need to refresh your data click the refresh button located under the Table Design Section or the Data Section in the Top Level Menu.
If you need to schedule a refresh. This guide by Microsoft explains the various ways that you can do that. You will have to determine which is the best method for your use case.
The following tables are opt-in as they are advanced and are large data sets and can take up a significant amount of storage and API Calls. Submit a support request with your database name or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for these to be enabled. There is no additional cost to enable these tables.
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the Excel Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot Apis
This app utilizes the following beta APIs
ContactWebEvents data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts is powered by the beta API listed below. https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics
Feedback Submissions data table that contains Feedback Submission data is powered by the beta API listed below.
ChatflowThread and ChatflowMessage data tables contain Chatflows data and is powered by the beta API listed below.
More information about beta APIs can be found in this supporting documentation.
Mac users will need to install the following drivers on their computer for the app to function.
Data syncing will be done at intervals determined by your plan.
Please allow at least 24-48 hours from activation for the initial database to be built. Once it is built it will refresh at the rate determined by your plan.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Excel, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.