- Account Creation
- Connect to Excel
- User Panel
- Opt-In Tables
- How to Uninstall the app
- Beta HubSpot APIS
- Mac Users
- Data Sync
- Data Security
The HubSpot-Excel Connector Integration app by Datawarehouse.io helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases as well as schema replication.
- Create an account by visiting https://datawarehouse.io/account/
- To connect to the HubSpot-Excel Connector app, please visit the following link (https://datawarehouse.io/product/hubspot-excel-connector/).
- Click the orange "Get started" button on the app product page to initiate the checkout process.
- You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the "Authorize" button.
- Login to HubSpot if you are not logged in already and select the HubSpot portal/account you wish to connect to.
- Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the "Connect App" button.
- You will then be re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon activation, an Azure SQL database will be created with the user's HubSpot Sales and Marketing data. A User Activation email will then be sent to the email address we have on file containing your server and database information.
Please allow up to 24 hours from the time you receive your User Activation email for the initial building and processing of your database to be complete. Once the initial build is complete, it will refresh at the rate determined by your subscription plan.
How to connect to your connector database in Excel
The process you will take to connect your HubSpot data to PowerBI using the Connector is as follows:
- Under the "Data" tab, locate and select the "Get Data" button, then select "From Database" and then select "From SQL Server Database".
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen labeled "SQL Server database". From here, you will enter the Server and database name provided to you via the User Activation email you had received upon completing checkout and click "OK." Please note: The "Database (optional)" field below is not actually optional. Please be sure to enter the database name provided to you in your User Activation email.
- Another new pop-up window will appear on your screen upon clicking "Ok" in the previous step as seen in the screenshot below that will prompt you to enter your username and password. Once here, you will select the "Database" option in the left-hand side of the window. From there, you will enter your database user name and password that have been provided for you in the User Activation email you have received upon completing the checkout process. It is important to note that once you arrive at this stage of the connection process shown in the screenshot below and you see the dropdown menu with the prompt "Select which level to apply these settings to", you must be sure to select the option that includes both the server name and your database name.
- After following the instructions above, you will now be able to pull any data tables currently hosted inside your SQL server. Simply select the checkboxes of the tables you want to create reports on and click the "Load" button. (Please note: it may take a few moments to load each individual table depending on the size of each table and number of tables you select.)
In the Queries and Connections tab. You can scroll over a table. Click the three dots, and load it to a workbook or tab. You can also merge and append the tables together.
Whenever you need to refresh your data click the refresh button located under the Table Design Section or the Data Section in the Top Level Menu.
If you need to schedule a refresh, this guide by Microsoft explains the various ways that you can do that. You will have to determine which is the best method for your use case. Please review the following help documentation to help you get started.
When opening the data for the first time in Excel, you may need to change the relationship between each table depending on how you need to display your data.
Please use this ERD to learn how to best connect the various data tables together.
You can visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/my-app-information-item/ to perform the following self service administrative actions for your connector database.
- Re-send your credentials to the email address associated with your order.
- Reset the password of your connector database
- Update your Order information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Change your Database information
- Database Name
- Database Username
The following tables are opt-in as they are larger and more advanced data sets that can take up a significant amount of storage and API calls.
If you require any of the following opt-in tables to be enabled for you, please submit a support request with your database name or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for these to be enabled. There is no additional cost to enable these tables.
(Please note that the Properties History tables are not capable of being enabled individually. To enable one Properties History table will mean to enable all of them at once. Please bear this in mind when requesting to have any/all of the Properties History tables enabled.)
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the Excel Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot API's
This app utilizes the following beta API's:
- ContactWebEvents- data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts is powered by the beta API listed below.
- Feedback Submissions- data table that contains Feedback Submission data is powered by the beta API listed below.
- ChatflowThread and ChatflowMessage data tables contain Chatflows data and is powered by the beta API listed below.
For more information on HubSpot Beta API's, please click here.
Mac users will need to install the following drivers on their computer for the app to function.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Excel, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.