- Account Creation
- User Panel
- Tableau Setup
- How to Uninstall the app
- Beta HubSpot APIS
- Opt-In Tables
- Data Sync
- Data Security
The datawarehouse.io HubSpot + Tableau Integration helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently without the hassle of excel spreadsheets. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases, as well as Schema Replication.
Please note this connector does not work with Tableau Public.
1. Create an account at https://datawarehouse.io/account/
2. To connect to your app of choice visit the following link and select the app you wish you use. (https://datawarehouse.io/products/).
3. Click the get started link on the app product page.
4. You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the Authorize button.
5. Login to HubSpot if you are not already logged in and select the HubSpot account you wish to connect too.
6. Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the Connect App button.
7. You are then re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon Activation one Azure SQL DB will be created with the user's Sales and Marketing HubSpot data. An email will then be sent to you with your server information.
You can visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/my-app-information-item/ to perform the following self service administrative actions for your connector database.
- Re-send your credentials to the email address associated with your order.
- Reset the password of your connector database
- Update your Order information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Change your Database information
- Database Name
- Database Username
1. Start Tableau and click "New" to add a new Published Data Source.
2. For published data source select the Connectors tab and select Microsoft SQL Server.
3. Enter your Tableau Connector Server, Database, Username, and password. These were sent to you via email after you signed up. The server name should be entered without a http:// prefix. You must enter that information exactly as it written in our delivery email. Some email providers automatically hyperlink the server address. Do not copy the hyperlink. Simply copy paste the text and enter it in the Server field below. (You may also be asked to enter a port. In that case the port you should enter is 1433)
4. Drag and drop the data tables you wish to use in your reports, and join them using unions with the keys that relate the tables together. You may have the add the data source more than once to get all of your data in.
For example you can add deals and then join everything that relates to deals and then add that as a data source, then start from the first step and instead this time add campaigns and then join all related campaigns data. An ERD that shows you how the tables relate can be found here. https://support.datawarehouse.io/hc/en-us/articles/360054107794-Datawarehouse-io-HubSpot-Connector-ERD
Below you can see how as an example you can relate the various data tables together. Sometimes the keys to relate the tables will automatically detect and other times you will have to enter them in. Feel free to enter the same table more than once if the relationships call for it. As you can see in the example below it has the contact table and deals table in there twice.
5. When publishing your data source be sure to select the Embed credentials so you do not have to re-authenticate each time you wish to use the data source. (When saving embedded credentials you may be asked to enter a port number. In that case the port you should enter is 1433)
6. If you have selected Data "Live" you may have issues connecting to the service. We recommend selecting Extract.
7. After selecting extract, you will need to schedule your refresh. Please refresh only as often as the connector data does. This is determined by the version of the Tableau Connector app you purchased. To scheduled your refreshes select the extract refreshes tab and then schedule your extracts with the prompt.
8. Begin building your dashboards and reports using the Robust functionality that Tableau offers.
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the Tableau Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot Apis
This app utilizes the following beta APIs
ContactWebEvents data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts is powered by the beta API listed below. https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics
Feedback Submissions data table that contains Feedback Submission data is powered by the beta API listed below.
ChatflowThread and ChatflowMessage data tables contain Chatflows data and is powered by the beta API listed below.
More information about beta APIs can be found in this supporting documentation.
The following tables are opt-in as they are advanced and are large data sets and can take up a significant amount of storage and API Calls. Submit a support request with your database name or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for these to be enabled. There is no additional cost to enable these tables.
Data syncing will be done at intervals determined by your plan.
Please allow at least 24-48 hours from activation for the initial database to be built. Once it is built it will refresh at the rate determined by your plan.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Tableau, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant.
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.