The Bayard Bradford HubSpot + Tableau Integration helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently without the hassle of excel spreadsheets. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases, as well as Schema Replication. If you would like to read more about the connector please visit:
Please note this connector does not work with Tableau Public.
1. Create an account at https://datawarehouse.io/account/
2. To connect to your app of choice visit the following link and select the app you wish you use. (https://datawarehouse.io/products/).
3. Click the get started link on the app product page.
4. You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the Authorize button.
5. Login to HubSpot if you are not already logged in and select the HubSpot account you wish to connect too.
6. Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the Connect App button.
7. You are then re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon Activation one Azure SQL DB will be created with the user's Sales and Marketing HubSpot data. An email will then be sent to you with your server information.
Start Tableau and under Connect, select Microsoft SQL Server. For a complete list of data connections, select More under To a Server. Then do the following:
- Enter the name of the server you want to connect to.
- Enter a database name if you want to connect to a contained database.
- Select how you want to sign in to the server. Specify a specific user name and password, do not use Windows Authentication.
- Specify whether to Read uncommitted data. This option sets the database isolation level to Read Uncommitted. Long queries from Tableau, including extract refreshes, can lock the database and delay transactions. Select this option to allow queries to read rows that have been modified by other transactions even when they have not been committed yet. When this option is cleared, Tableau uses the default isolation level specified by the database.
- (Optional) Select Initial SQL to specify a SQL command to run at the beginning of every connection, such as when you open the workbook, refresh an extract, sign in to Tableau Server, or publish to Tableau Server. For more information, see Run Initial SQL.
- Select Sign In. If Tableau can't make the connection, verify that your credentials are correct. If you still can't connect, your computer is having trouble locating the server. Contact your network administrator or database administrator. If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433.
On the data source page, do the following:
- (Optional) Select the default data source name at the top of the page, and then enter a unique data source name for use in Tableau. For example, use a data source naming convention that helps other users of the data source figure out which data source to connect to.
- From the Database drop-down list, select a database or use the text box to search for a database by name.
- Under Table, select a table or use the text box to search for a table by name.You can also specify a stored procedure in the database. For more information about stored procedures, including a list of constraints specific to SQL Server databases, see Use a Stored Procedure.
- Drag the table or stored procedure to the canvas, and then select the sheet tab to start your analysis. Use custom SQL to connect to a specific query rather than the entire data source. For more information, see Connect to a Custom SQL Query.
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the Tableau Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot Apis
This app utilizes the following beta API for the ContactWebEvents data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics
More information about this API can be found in this supporting documentation.
Data syncing will be done at intervals determined by your plan.
Please allow at least 24-48 hours from activation for the initial database to be built. Once it is built it will refresh at the rate determined by your plan.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Tableau, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.