HubSpot + Power BI Connector Guide
The datawarehouse.io HubSpot + Power BI Integration helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently without the hassle of excel spreadsheets. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases, as well as Schema Replication. If you would like to read more about the connector please visit:
1. Create an account at https://datawarehouse.io/account/
2. To connect to your app of choice visit the following link and select the app you wish you use. (https://datawarehouse.io/products/).
3. Click the get started link on the app product page.
4. You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the Authorize button.
5. Login to HubSpot if you are not already logged in and select the HubSpot account you wish to connect too.
6. Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the Connect App button.
7. You are then re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon Activation one Azure SQL DB will be created with the user's Sales and Marketing HubSpot data. An email will then be sent to you with your server information.
Power BI Setup
If you do not already have it, you can download Power BI Desktop for free at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331
If you are new to PowerBI please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-getting-started
When you open a new or existing Power BI document and want to use the HubSpot Connector, please select the "Get Data" button under the home tab at the top of the application. Select other sources or click on the Icon.
Once the Get Data window appears, please select Azure on the left side.
Then select Azure SQL Database and click the "Connect" button. You will then Enter the Server information and database provided to you via your activation email and click "OK."
Once you input your server and database and click "Ok", you will be prompted to enter your username and password. You MUST select the database option on the left before entering your username and password. Then select your database as the level to apply those settings too. It is critical you select the "Select which level to apply these settings too" and select your database and not just the server. It should look like the format below.
After following the instructions above, you will now be able to pull any data tables currently hosted inside your SQL server.
Select the Checkboxes for the tables you want to create reports on and click Load. It may take a moment depending on the size of your database and the tables you select.
Please use this ERD to learn how to best connect the various data tables together.
Allow at least 24-48 hours from activation for the initial database to be built. Once it is built it will refresh at the rate determined by your plan.
When opening the data for the first time in Power BI, you may need to change the relationship tables depending on how you need to display your data.
If you would like to use our of our PowerBi templates please submit a ticket through this helpdesk.
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the PowerBI Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot Apis
This app utilizes the following beta API for the ContactWebEvents data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics
More information about this API can be found in this supporting documentation.
Data syncing will be done at intervals determined by your plan.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Power BI, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.