- Account Creation
- User Panel
- Power BI Setup
- How to Uninstall the app
- Beta HubSpot APIS
- Opt-In Tables
- Data Sync
- Data Security
- Common PowerBI Issues
The datawarehouse.io HubSpot + Power BI Integration helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently without the hassle of excel spreadsheets. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases, as well as Schema Replication. If you would like to read more about the connector please visit:
1. Create an account at https://datawarehouse.io/account/
2. To connect to your app of choice visit the following link and select the app you wish you use. (https://datawarehouse.io/products/).
3. Click the get started link on the app product page.
4. You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the Authorize button.
5. Login to HubSpot if you are not already logged in and select the HubSpot account you wish to connect too.
6. Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the Connect App button.
7. You are then re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon Activation one Azure SQL DB will be created with the user's Sales and Marketing HubSpot data. An email will then be sent to you with your server information.
You can visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/my-app-information-item/ to perform the following self service administrative actions for your connector database.
- Re-send your credentials to the email address associated with your order
- Reset the password of your connector database
- Update your Order information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Company Name
- Change your Database information
- Database Name
- Database Username
Power BI Setup
If you do not already have it, you can download Power BI Desktop for free at: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331
If you are new to PowerBI please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-getting-started
When you open a new or existing Power BI document and want to use the HubSpot Connector, please select the "Get Data" button under the home tab at the top of the application. Select other sources or click on the Icon.
Once the Get Data window appears, please select Azure on the left side.
Then select Azure SQL Database and click the "Connect" button. You will then Enter the Server information and database provided to you via your activation email and click "OK."
Once you input your server and database and click "Ok", you will be prompted to enter your username and password. You MUST select the database option on the left before entering your username and password. Then select your database as the level to apply those settings too. It is critical you select the "Select which level to apply these settings too" and select your database and not just the server. It should look like the format below.
After following the instructions above, you will now be able to pull any data tables currently hosted inside your SQL server.
Select the Checkboxes for the tables you want to create reports on and click Load. It may take a moment depending on the size of your database and the tables you select.
Please use this ERD to learn how to best connect the various data tables together.
Allow at least 24-48 hours from activation for the initial database to be built. Once it is built it will refresh at the rate determined by your plan.
When opening the data for the first time in Power BI, you may need to change the relationship tables depending on how you need to display your data.
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the PowerBI Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot Apis
This app utilizes the following beta APIs
ContactWebEvents data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts is powered by the beta API listed below. https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics
Feedback Submissions data table that contains Feedback Submission data is powered by the beta API listed below.
ChatflowThread and ChatflowMessage data tables contain Chatflows data and is powered by the beta API listed below.
More information about beta APIs can be found in this supporting documentation.
The following tables are opt-in as they are advanced and are large data sets and can take up a significant amount of storage and API Calls. Submit a support request with your database name or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for these to be enabled. There is no additional cost to enable these tables.
Data syncing will be done at intervals determined by your plan.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Power BI, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.
Common PowerBI Issues
The below listed PowerBI issues are known issues with PowerBI itself. They do not have anything to do with our app specifically but are rather Common PowerBI issues that you may encounter when using our connector or other data sources.
Known Issue #1
"Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available.
PowerBI Desktop can consume a significant amount of memory (RAM) on your desktop or laptop. It is a known issue with Microsoft PowerBI. You can read about it and potential solutions here here. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Optimize-memory/m-p/237142
We suggest either removing unnecessary tables from your report, reducing or optimizing your queries, or increasing the available memory on your computer.
If you are using Power BI Desktop, try increasing the Maximum allowed to 16000 under File / Options and Settings / Options / Global / Data Load.
It is important to note that if you encounter this error the PowerBI Connector app is working correctly its just that PowerBI needs more memory from your machine. Memory meaning RAM. There are multiple ways to resolve this and above are just some examples.
Known Issue #2
Refresh failed inside of PowerBI
If you ever receive an error that looks something like the following. That means that the field referenced below, in this case "hs_date_entered_30688072" is no longer available in your connector database.
This can occur if you, a HubSpot user, or HubSpot themselves deletes a property from HubSpot. Our service will replicate that deleted and remove it from your connector database. Unfortunately PowerBI is not intelligent enough to "skip" the missing field and when this happens it may make the refresh fail if the field that has been deleted was used in your reports.
The solution to this issue is simple. Delete the Field/property from your dataset/dashboard inside of PowerBI and then the refresh will be able to proceed without issue.