Metabase Connector Guide Follow
The datawarehouse.io HubSpot Metabase Connector helps business analysts and decision makers to analyze data fluently without the hassle of excel spreadsheets. This application consists of data synchronization between HubSpot and Azure SQL databases, as well as Schema Replication.
1. Create an account at https://datawarehouse.io/account/
2. To connect to your app of choice visit the following link and select the app you wish you use. (https://datawarehouse.io/products/).
3. Click the get started link on the app product page.
4. You will be re-directed to an authentication page. Please click the Authorize button.
5. Login to HubSpot if you are not already logged in and select the HubSpot account you wish to connect too.
6. Authorize the app to connect to your HubSpot portal by clicking the Connect App button.
7. You are then re-directed to the checkout screen. Please fill out all required information in order to activate your service.
Once you have successfully signed up, we will activate your user. Upon Activation one Azure SQL DB will be created with the user's data. An email will then be sent to you with your server information.
1. Start Metabase and go to the Metabase Admin section. Select Databases and then select Add database.
2. Select "SQL Server" as the database type. Then Define your display name of choice. After than enter your Connector details that were sent to you via email. Be sure to also enter the port listed below.
3. After you connect your database to Metabase you can begin setting up the relationships between the data tables as needed. To do so go to the Data Model section in the Metabase Admin panel and select the database you added.
4. Once you are inside the data model section of Metabase you are able to relate the various data tables in the connector database. HubSpot stores all of its data in separate tables and we replicate that structure. So in order to see certain labels you have to join tables using the keys listed in the ERD that can be found here. https://support.datawarehouse.io/hc/en-us/articles/360054107794-Datawarehouse-io-HubSpot-Connector-ERD . An example of how to join tables can be shown below.
5. You can also join data as part of a "Question". A "Question" in Metabase is a pre-set query that you can access on the fly for a quick visualization. The joining process is similar but visually looks different and can be seen below.
6. The join listed above resulted in the ability to create this visualization that shows where all the contacts are located by state, and the deal amounts closed in each state.
How to Uninstall the app
*Please note this does not cancel your subscription. To do that please visit https://datawarehouse.io/account/view-subscription
1. Open up the HubSpot Portal that you have installed the app in. In the top right section of HubSpot click on the house icon.
2. A menu will drop down. Click on the Connected apps link.
3. Then click on the actions button for the HubSpot Metabase Connector. And click uninstall.
Beta HubSpot Apis
This app utilizes the following beta API for the ContactWebEvents data table that contains web analytics history for Contacts https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/web-analytics.
More information about this API can be found in this supporting documentation.
Data syncing will be done at intervals determined by your plan.
Please allow at least 24-48 hours from activation for the initial database to be built. Once it is built it will refresh at the rate determined by your plan.
- Only you will have "read only" access to your database. You can make changes in Metabase, but they will not be reflected in HubSpot.
- User authentication for HubSpot is done using OAuth 2.0 protocol as per the best practice in industry.
- This application is GDPR Compliant.
- If you have trouble accessing the database due to your internal firewall restrictions please have your IT department open outbound TCP Port 1433
- If there is information missing from a property it could be because that fields is improperly configured in HubSpot.